Formed in 1952 as part of ICI Wilton’s Recreation Club, golf matches initially had to be played on other courses as the Club did not have a Golf Course. In 1954 work started on the construction of a 9-hole golf course and a well-known golf architect, Mr. J. F. S. Morrison, of Colt Allison & Morrison was employed to design the layout. The course was constructed on parkland in front of Wilton Castle and financed by ICI.
One of the highlights in 1957 was the visit of Henry Cotton to play a 4-ball exhibition round. The match was watched by over 600 spectators. Coming to the last hole the match was all square, but from 30 yards Henry chipped in to win the match.
* Using Postcode data so accuracy might be slightly off center.
Reviews of Wilton Golf Club
No Reviews, please register or login to to be the first to review this course.
Wilton Golf Club Scorecards
Here are a list of the scorecards submitted, please note that these have been provided to us by users.